
I am your ultimate homebody. I love being at home. I also like visiting other places, but I have a tough time leaving when it's for more than a day trip. I don't know exactly why that is. My family is very used to this. I will drag my feet about getting ready, leave my packing until the last minute, and then stay up late the night before and get everything done. Before I can leave the house the next day, I have to check every heater, window, door, unplug everything, and then finally leave after making my husband double check everything. Once I actually get in the car and we drive off, I am fine. Once on the road, I am up for anything, but oh the struggle to get me out of the house.

Another thing about going on vacation is that I can't leave without some little sewing project, a knitting project, and a book. Many times I never get a chance to even look at any of them, but they are my security blanket and I can't leave home without them. This drives my husband nuts as they take up valuable cargo space! I guess I want to be prepared if we have car problems and have to sit somewhere for a while. This actually did happen to us once, so maybe that's where my adversion to not having a project to work on comes from.
We were on vacation a number of years ago, when our car broke down in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of a bunch of mountains. We managed to get to a little restaurant, but had to wait several hours, as they shared a phone line with another business and you could only use the phone when it was their allotted hours. Then the tow truck had to drive 40 miles up the mountain to get us and drive us 40 miles back to town. The little auto shop had to order a part so we had to wait until the next day to get our car fixed and back on our trip. It was a very boring wait!
We're going to be heading out for a five-day adventure soon. I'll have all my favorite people with me: husband, daughter, and grandson. It can't help but be fun. :)
~Jane
I am the same homebody! Vacations can be fun and filled with memories, hopefully good memories!
ReplyDeleteI am not sure my comment got through Blogger. I am the same homebody. I hope your vacation is filled with fun memories....
ReplyDeleteWhile I don't drag my feet or leave things until the last minute, I'm getting weirder about leaving home too.
ReplyDeleteNext month I'm going to Louisiana to see my son, he goes to LSU, and I can't wait, but I'm apprehensive too. Brad's not going, that's probably why!
I know what you mean Jane-I had 4 months to plan a little get-a-way and I didn't firm up everything until last week. Of course, I had trouble getting weekend reservations at peak tourist time and my husband wasn't too happy with me! LOL! I was just dragging my feet. It's hard to be gone more than a week. We settled on 10 days.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you have a great time!
Miss ya,
Linda