My daughter has had an Etsy web store for a couple years now. She started out selling baby things she'd made: cloth blocks, appliqued onsies, knit baby hats and washcloths. Then my mom passed away and we started selling aprons on the website. She's been busy listing and selling them. Then she got the idea to use some of my mother's large collection of buttons to make bookmarks and hair clips. Now I've got her selling off some of my mother's fabric stash. I think I've taken over her shop.
This whole website store thing is interesting. It draws me to it like nothing else. Several times a day I have to go and check to see whether anything has sold. Most of the time it is "Rats, same 71 sales." Then suddenly the sales number will go up and I have to quickly check to see what sold. At that point, I usually call my daughter "Hey, you had a sale!" Then the waiting game starts again. I think I'm addicted! :)Check out Elsie's Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/littlesproutbasics.
~Jane




Who made the little dress? I love it!
ReplyDeleteI'll be wearing my apron on Sunday!
I made the little dress from a vintage pillowcase. I have a few more I want to make. I'm so happy you like your apron. :)
ReplyDelete