
Saturday I was supposed to have family over to celebrate my youngest brother's 50th birthday. I always feel like I have to do something nice for him (besides the fact that I want to) because he doesn't have any other family or kids to celebrate with him. So I drug myself out of bed and baked him a chocolate birthday cake, sent my husband to the store to pick up a frozen lasagna, salad, garlic bread, and ice cream, while I cleaned house. I was basically ready to go by the time the Little Guy got dropped off at 2:30 p.m. His mom was going to play Bingo with a friend she doesn't see much and his dad was off hunting. About 4 p.m. the Little Guy went down for a nap and so did I.
At six, everyone showed up, including the Little Guy's parents, the birthday brother, and my other brother and his wife and her brother and we had a party. A very nice time was had by all! Then I crashed back down on the couch for the evening.
Today I stayed home from church, but had to venture out to pick up my turkey for Thanksgiving. I actually found a big fresh one, so no having to worry about thawing out the turkey Thursday morning. I picked up everything else we'll need for Thanksgiving dinner at the same time. So I think we are set.

It started snowing today and my husband said, "With your cold, you'll be able to stay home sick and not have to drive in it tomorrow." No such luck. We are hiring session workers and I have a whole day of interviewing scheduled. Blech! Hopefully there aren't many in the afternoon. I might be able to come home early and take a nap.
~Jane




Oh! Feel better!
ReplyDeleteI love the snowy photo. :)
We're mean to leave for KC tomorrow, and I've had sinus headache since waking yesterday. Hoping it stays as a headache or just goes away versus turning into something more...