I started this blog months ago with the idea of holding myself accountable for changes I wanted to make in my life. At the time I didn't really go into what those changes were or how I was thinking of going about making them. Consequently, when evaluating how I'm doing, I discover that I haven't made as much progress as I would have hoped. With that thought in mind, I thought I would list a few of the changes I'd like to make in the hope that by listing them I will be a little more intentional about enacting them.
I'd like to develop a stronger devotional life. I've been a Christian for 47 years, yet I still struggle with a consistent devotional time. I go through periods of being consistent and then usually something happens to throw me off and I will struggle with getting back into it. Yet life just seems to run so much smoother when I do and when I know I have my priorities in order. So, I'm working on it yet again.
I'd like my home to be more organized and tidier all the time. I want people to be able to drop in and not have to apologize about the house. I'm making progress on this one. I've been decluttering areas and sending lots of things to the Goodwill. I've been sorting things into storage containers according to craft. I'm trying to finish projects I start now all the way to the finish. I'm trying to finish projects that have been sitting around half-finished for years.
I'd like meals to get back on track. This is a new problem that's only developed in the past few years since my daughter married and moved away from home and I went back to working full-time. I used to be very organized about menu planning and pantry stocking and my freezer meals. Lately I have no idea what's for dinner and it isn't good.
I'd like to get my flower beds weeded out. I have done nothing with them the past two summers and they are a mess. I know this irritates my husband.
I'd like to take charge of my eating and exercise. This is another area I do well with for a while and then it all falls apart. I have a minimum of 60 pounds to lose, which would help my knees and my diabetes. I know what I need to do. I just need to do it.
So there they are. The five main areas I want to work on: devotions, home, meals, garden, and health. I'm calling this my Life Challenge. I'll blog at least once a month on how I've been doing. Maybe having to report progress will help get me going on them.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Sometimes it's necessary to be specific. So what can I do to cheer you on?
ReplyDelete<3
As for your house, it's good to clean and declutter, but as a friend once said to me when I made excuses for my house (which was quite picked up at the time), "You know El, I live in my house. It's good when everything isn't perfect. It's a sign of life happening!"
I know...but my husband likes things a little more organized and less cluttered than I can live with. It's just trying to find the balance. :)
ReplyDelete