As you all know, I've been going through my mother's things - sorting out her estate. Of course, in the process I've found things I want - some linens, some material, and family heirlooms like pictures, etc. There are the linens and aprons that I've been bringing home to wash and iron before my daughter puts them in her etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/littlesproutbasics. My car's trunk has been pretty full lately, as I take some things out to launder or store, and then collect more things the next time I go over. This has been a source of contention between my husband and I as he prefers the trunk to be empty and isn't impressed with my treasures riding around in it. I woke up this morning with the realization that my brother-in-law is arriving tomorrow for a one-week visit and my husband is going to want the trunk to be empty. So tonight when I get home from work, I'm going to have to clean it out. The question is where am I going to put a trunkful of stuff? Where I'd like to store it is in a spare shower off the utility room, close to the washing machine, but the shower already is full with the stuff I've been sorting out of my own house that is going to the Goodwill. Tonight I'm going to have to bag all the donation stuff for the Goodwill and move the bags to the garage. Then I'll store the stuff from the trunk in the shower. As I'm writing this, I'm realizing that this whole plan sounds alot like something my mother would have done. Except that the stuff in the shower wouldn't have been on its way to the thrift store...she would just have added the stuff from the trunk to the top of the pile. But hiding stuff in the shower? Definitely my mother! :)
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It's like a real life chess game. Quite the strategy!
ReplyDelete(Fortunately for me, we live five minutes from a Goodwill store, so dropping off is so easy!)
Gee Mom, that sounds terrible! haha Your secret is safe with me though. =) Lucky you Uncle Duwayne isn't staying with you guys too.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had an extra shower to hide things in. We have things up to the rafters.
ReplyDelete