As I've mentioned before, I've been going through my Mom's things, and we've had a couple of garage sales. While packing up from the last sale, I noticed several curtain panels and a piece of matching fabric that I thought might look good in my kitchen. My kitchen is pretty much decorated with black, white, and red. These curtains were really old-fashioned, a sheer white with little white chenille hearts with red rectangles in the center. I brought them home and washed them, mainly to make sure they weren't going to just fall apart. I have a kitchen door with a window in it that is directly behind someone sitting at the computer in the sewing room, and my husband had borrowed one of my aprons to kind of hang from the curtain rod to block the glare on the computer screen. I was thinking these curtains would work for that window, but when I tried the first pair they were much too long and I hated to chop them off. I looked at the remaining curtain and realized it was shorter and that what I thought was a piece of yardage was really the matching curtain without its top casing or hem. I sat up until 1 a.m. Friday morning sewing the casing and hem to match and then ironing the pair of curtains. Take a look - they look great! Thanks, Mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Perhaps she'd been meaning to get around to give them to you...
ReplyDeleteSince she had about 100 boxes of mixed linens and fabric, I doubt she had any plans to give them to me, although she would have if I'd found them earlier. :)
ReplyDelete