My brothers, husband and I spent the last three days preparing for and holding an estate sale of some of my mom's things. The weather was perfect, nice and sunny, and my brother did a good job of making a shade from a tarp, that covered almost all of the tables. Despite the sun shade, I am totally dehydrated from the last three days...I've downed about 5 large glasses of water since coming home and still feel dry. We did really well and got rid of a lot of stuff. There is still a lot of stuff to go.
Most of the people who came were really nice. One lady was totally obnoxious. She kept dickering me down and trying to cheat on the agreed amount of the sale. I should have just picked everything up and said, thanks but no thanks, but was so tired by then that I didn't. One lady talked me out of case of buttons for way too cheap of a price. But there is so much left I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run.
My mom left boxes and boxes of linens and fabrics. It was amazing to see the ladies spend hours going through them, box by box. I have a whole list of names to call for the next sale. I think I'll do a little preview sale for the fabric ladies!
Some of my high school friends were meeting for lunch on Saturday but I couldn't attend, so they came to see me and stayed and buyed and encouraged. It was so much fun seeing them. I am such a social introvert that I sometimes pass up opportunities to get together with people. The eight of us reacquainted with each other on Facebook. Such fun! I can see now that I need to start staying in touch with people. I'm missing too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




That is a lot of work to put together! You have a new follower! I look forward to following your blog! Come visit Mama's Little Chick.
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com